Dr.Zak Messieha DDS, ADBA
Dr. Messieha received his DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) degree from Ohio State University. He then completed a General Practice Residency at the College of Virginia Medical Center and McGuire VA Medical Center in Richmond , VA. From There he went to Long Island Jewish Medical Center where he completed a residency in Anesthesiology.
After working in an office-based practice for a year, Dr. Messieha came to the University of Illinois at Chicago where he worked full-time between the College of Dentistry and the Anesthesiology Department at the University Hospital.
Dr. Messieha has lectured Nationally and Internationally on Anesthesiology and Pain Anxiety Control. He has several published papers and abstracts. He continues his academic post on a part-time basis as an Associate Professor of Anesthesiology both at the College of Medicine and the College of Dentistry.
Dr. Messieha has filled leadership positions at the National and State levels including:
- President of the Illinois Dental Society of Anesthesiology.
- Secretary and member, the Board of Directors of the American Dental Board of Anesthesiology.
- Chair, The American Dental Education Association Council on Hospitals and Advanced Education Programs.
- Chair, The American Dental Education Association Section on Anesthesiology, Oral Surgery and Hospital Dentistry.
- President of the Dental Anesthesiology Research Group, The International Association for Dental Research.
- Diplomate, National Board of Anesthesiology
- Diplomate, American Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- Diplomate, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- Fellow in General Anesthesia, The American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Certified Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support Instructor by the American Heart Association
Dr. Zak Messieha publishes in peer-reviewed scientific journals and lectures nationally and internationally on topics related to anesthesia care as well as medical risk assessment.
He has received several recognitions from various organizations for his contributions.
Dr. Zak is married with three children, in his free time he enjoys travelling, playing soccer, working out and reading.